Saving Money is Easier Than You Think
AutoGas fleets experience fuel cost savings. You can cut your operating and fuel costs substantially by converting your existing fleet vehicles to AutoGas. While using AutoGas we have seen some savings up to $1.50 or more per gallon than gasoline and the implementation costs are significantly less than for other alternative fuel options. With propane AutoGas we can procure the product in advance and Sharp Energy offers fixed pricing if requested.
Historically, propane AutoGas costs less than gasoline or diesel and is more insulated from the price spikes conventional fuels experience. Click here to calculate your fuel cost savings.
Because AutoGas has a higher octane rating (105) and burns cleaner than gasoline (87), AutoGas-powered vehicles experience:
- Less-frequent oil changes
- Increased engine life
- Lowered associated vehicle downtime
In addition to the fuel cost savings, AutoGas conversions may help you save even more:
- Potential for state, municipal and federal grants and tax incentives
- Aftermarket conversion means companies can run their existing fleet on propane AutoGas without the costly expense of a new vehicle purchase
The Affordable Alternative Fuel
The cost of conversion is dependent upon the type of vehicle being converted (car, van or truck) and the number of vehicles in the fleet. Through Sharp’s’ partnership with Alliance AutoGas, gasoline-to-AutoGas conversion costs approximately $6,000-7,000 per vehicle.
Converting a vehicle to run on propane AutoGas is much less expensive than other alternative fuel conversion costs or the purchase of a new hybrid or alternative fuel vehicle.
Because propane requires a lower storage pressure than CNG:
- The cost of infrastructure implementation is lower; 15 AutoGas stations can be built for the price of one CNG station.
- Tank size within a vehicle can be much smaller; so, AutoGas vehicles achieve 85% of the range of gasoline vehicles, while CNG vehicles get less than half the range of gasoline vehicles.