Adopting an eco-friendly fuel shouldn’t be a hassle. And with Sharp Energy, it doesn’t have to be. When we convert a vehicle fleet to operate on propane AutoGas, we provide onsite AutoGas fueling at your fleet base at no upfront cost to your company. As a result, the transition to AutoGas is a seamless process for you and your drivers.
Using AutoGas fuel is easy with no-spill dispensing equipment that operates similar to a gasoline fuel pump. Thus, Sharp Energy keeps your fleet up and running on AutoGas with a year-round fuel supply from our skilled fueling network.
Our fleet fueling solution includes:
- Minimal spill-free, zero-emission fueling station at fleet base
- Implementation cost for fleets
- Initial training for fleet drivers/operators
- Ongoing training and technical support
Our relationship starts the day you convert your fleet vehicles to run on AutoGas. For instance, we’ll provide an AutoGas education for your in-house technicians, drivers and anyone else in your organization. Beyond basic training, our program also provides the technical, safety and ongoing support fleet customers need to succeed.
Sharp Energy provides all the expert training fleets need:
- Operational training for drivers and other personnel
- AutoGas safety training for operators, drivers, technicians, and other personnel
- AutoGas fueling training for drivers and other personnel
- Also any necessary maintenance training
A Safe Fuel
AutoGas is a safe, proven and reliable fuel. Thousands of school buses and taxicabs across the U.S. are already safely fueled by AutoGas, partly because AutoGas is safer than many other fuels. A properly installed AutoGas tank can improve the structure of a vehicle.
- Alliance AutoGas tanks are 20 times more puncture-resistant. They can also withstand 4 times the pressure when compared to conventional gasoline vehicle fuel tanks.
- The lower pressure required for storage makes AutoGas safer to maintain than CNG.
- AutoGas vehicle tanks are made from carbon steel under code developed by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Properly installed AutoGas vehicle fuel tanks can improve the structure of a vehicle.
Additional Safety Features
- AutoGas has a lower flammability range than conventional gasoline, decreasing the chance of accidental combustion.
- The onsite AutoGas fueling station has an automatic system shut down with a breakaway device for the station.
- The cars have an automatic shut down device on the tank when there is a drop in pressure the propane flow is stopped.
- Unlike gasoline, diesel, methanol and ethanol, AutoGas is nontoxic, nonpoisonous and insoluble in water.
- Should a rare accidental release of AutoGas occur, it would dissipate into the atmosphere with no harmful contaminants released into the air, soil or water.